the social stuff....

Follow me on Facebook Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Email Me Add me on snapchat

Thursday 17 April 2008

On top of spaghetti, all covered in ..... sheese!

For some reason that stupid song's was stuck in my head all day yesterday, so I had to try and make my own version when I got home.

Busted out the wheat gluten and made myself some 'meat'balls. They were yummy! (Recipe below the pic).

Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup wheat gluten flour
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp chickpea flour (or regular flour if you can't find it)
1 tsp vegan bullion powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt (leave out if you use salted bullion powder, mine is low salt)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper

Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup cold water
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp vegan worcester sauce
1/2 tsp english mustard
1/2 tsp marmite
1 tsp cashew butter

Method:
Mix together the dry ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl. Whisk together the wet ingredients, then pour them into the dry and mix well.
You don't really need to kneed it but I like to get my hands in for a minute just to make sure it's fully combined.

Pull off small lumps and roll into balls. Put into a steamer and steam for 20 minutes. (I did mine in the rice bowl in my steamer).

Once they've steamed, take them out of the steamer. They expand a bit but shouldn't have stuck together too much.

Heat some oil in a frying pan and then fry gently for a minute or two on each side, until they go brown. (It really doesn't take long so don't take your eye off them!!)

Serve with spaghetti, tomato sauce (I make my own but whichever sauce you like is fine), a grating of cheese and a poncey flourish of parsley if you want.

Cooking to: Bloodhound Gang - Hooray for Boobies

1 comment:

  1. Hiya,

    Where do you get your wheat gluten flour from?

    Thanks

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete

speak to me, yo!