the social stuff....

Follow me on Facebook Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Email Me Add me on snapchat

Thursday 19 June 2008

Miscellaneous crap

Been a while since I blogged - busy couple of weeks. So I went onsite again and this time I was determined to be prepared, so I bought a coolbag and some shite placcy cutlery & plates and packed myself some stuff for lunches and loads of fruit......

Despite that, I was still so glad to get home and get some proper food down me, so here are some dinners since I got back....

Mushroom pilaff with some griddled aubergine:


The famous VCON chickpea cutlets - I think I was the only vegan in the village that hadn't made these yet. They are seriously good, although I don't think I quite did them justice as they were a bit tough. I took out the oil (I joined weight watchers so trying to keep the points down!!) and baked them instead of frying. Served with a sweet potato (actually half a one cuz it was friggin HUGE!) and some steamed veg.

Awesome roasted veg and some baked tofu. I LOVE roasted veg and these were so good!
The weekend just gone was the download festival. Food wise I did ok, there were 2 vegan food stands and I had a really nice burger from there with loads of salad. One day we had a chinese meal and one day we went to M&S in the service station so I got a salad.

We lucked out with the weather too. I mean it was feckin freezing but it didn't rain so it was just dusty rather than a muddy swamp. Just a shame that KISS sucked AAASSSSS!

Anyway, before I went I used up the rather sad looking avocado in my fridge to make this cheesecake - it was good but I think it needs more avo, it was nowhere near as green and pretty as the avocado pie someone posted recently on the PPK. Ah well. When I got back though unforunately the remainder was past it's best.

I'm going to try making this again and re-jigging it before I post the recipe, but here's a pic. Hobnob base! Hobnobs are vegan - how happy did this knowledge make me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

speak to me, yo!