Today I did not too bad foodwise! There is a lovely lady called Mary who works for lots of exhibition organisers at the NEC making them breakfast and sandwiches and tea and she rocks. When I'm lucky, I am onsite for an organiser who hires Mary and this week I am - YAY! She takes care of me and reminds me to eat, which unbelievably I do sometimes when I'm onsite.
Today was my first day onsite in a year where I could eat something other than peanut butter & jam.
Now don't get me wrong, I love PB&J but when you eat it every day for a week, it starts to look less appealing. Mary is a long time veggie - I just found this out today and I've know her for years! And she had hummus in her kitchen, roasted red pepper hummus to be precise so that is what I had on my sandwich for lunch. There was also a big fruit bowl which is awesome, because I sometimes feel like I'm living on shite crisps and chocolate when I'm onsite!
But to be honest, that's about all I can think of to say so I'm cheating for tonight's post. I also don't think there will be a post tomorrow because I will probably be working till after 10 and by the time I get back to the hotel I will ache everywhere that it is possible to ache!
I've seen a few people put this survey on their blog - Courtesy of Liz @ Food Snobbery is my Hobbery (hehe love that title!)
1. Name a song that involves food in some way
Eagles of Death Metal - Cherry Cola
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
Not too expensive, interesting recipes. I also read the reviews if there are any on amazon.
3. What did you eat today?
Apples, bananas, hummus and salad sandwich, bag of crisps, some tortilla chips, some more hummus and another apple. Oh and a lemon puff.
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
Tempeh. I can't find it in the shops and it's just too expensive to order online.
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Skinny bitch in the kitch. ahhhhhahahahahahah, as if! I am so funny sometimes.
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
Nandos Peri Peri sauce. Great for adding nip to anything!
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
Veggie - 26 / vegan 27
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
I don't really care for most vegan cheese, although they're ok in small doses. I'll say tofutti cream cheese because it makes good frosting! :)
9. Cutest baby animal?
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
I'm boring - strawberry jam.
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
Vegetarian Omega 3 (when I remember!) and evening primrose.
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Casseroles with mashed potato and warming spicy soups
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Paprika. Seriously, I put it in everything.
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
I'd love to say fruit but that'd be a big fat lie. It'd be whatever shit I can find in my kitchen. Probably a cookie.
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
I don't have one at the moment but I'm hoping to change that soon - wanker landlord permitting.
17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
I burn myself on pretty much a daily basis. The worst I still have a fairly good scar from. I also had a narrow escape with a mandolin! They are tools of satan!
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
Ghostbusters! (I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!)
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
Whatever I've baked / bought that week.
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
Something thick and potato-y with sweetcorn in too.
22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
I love just plain old orange juice, but I mix it half and half with water cuz it gives me heartburn.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
I don't know if we have that here or if it's just called something else so I don't know. I like diet coke though if that helps!
24. Make up your own question! - Beans or Mushy Peas?
Mushy peas! Beans are the devil.