the social stuff....

Follow me on Facebook Subscribe to my Youtube Channel Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Email Me Add me on snapchat

Friday 19 November 2010

Vegan MoFo: Muffins!

These muffins are tonight's pudding for me and my friends. They are super easy and I'm posting the recipe below. I added a chocolately drizzle to be a bit fancy pants, but feel free to leave that off!


Banana, Peanut Butter, Choc Chip Muffins:
Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
6 tbsp soymilk
2 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
2 heaped tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
dash allspice (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a muffin tin with 6 or 7 paper cases (I got 7 out of this mixture).

Mash the banana in a bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients and the sugar and mix well. Place a seive over the bowl and put the choc chips in it. Then put the dry ingredients in and seive them through into the bowl over the chips. Toss in the chips and fold it all together until just mixed.

Divide between 6 or 7 muffin cups, fill them about 1/2 - 3/4 full and then bake for 22 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and leave to cool a few mins before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.

For the glaze, I had about half a pack of chocolate chips left (about 1/2 cup) so I microwaved them for about a minute on 50% power and then added soymilk slowly, mixing well, till it was dropping consistency. Then drizzled it over the muffins. This made waaaayy too much for my 7 muffins, so I just poured the leftovers into a muffin tin and put it in the fridge to scoff later.

Tonight's dinner will feature tomorrow, hopefully it's a hit!!

Laterz
xXx

5 comments:

  1. Those look amazing, I need them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB and chocolate! Gread decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peanut butter and chocolate muffins = love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banana, Peanut Butter and Choc Chip sounds like a WIN and they look like a WIN!
    So WIN! WIN!

    ReplyDelete

speak to me, yo!